Our own Love Witch/Ms Witch, Jasmine Silvera shared her quick-n-dirty guide to book and story reviews with us. We’re delighted to share it with everyone.
Review Writing Cheat Sheet*
- Be specific
- Focus on one thing you liked: “I enjoyed the mature relationship built on respect!”
- Short and Sweet
- A useful review can be the length of a tweet.
- Remember “Designer Imposter” Perfume?
- Comparisons to other books or authors are a great way to help sub-genre lovers: “If you like Ilona Andrews, try this book!”
- “Negative” Reviews can be Helpful Too
- Don’t be afraid to say what didn’t work. Being specific makes it helpful to others. One person’s “meh” may be another’s catnip: “I do not enjoy gallows humor, so this book was not for me.”
Über Sexy Urban Fantasy
*Leaving a review helps readers find new authors and books to enjoy. Amazon & Goodreads get all the glory, but a blog or facebook post works too!